1. In order to configure a ODBC connection for Oracle in windows 7 follow the following steps
2. Goto Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Data Sources (ODBC)
3. The following screen titled “ODBC Data Source Administrator” will be opened up
4. Now choose the System DSN tab and click on add.
5. This will open up a new window titled “Create New Data Source”
6. Scroll down to “Microsoft ODBC for Oracle” and click Finish
7. This will result in the following window. Provide the credentials as required and click ok