Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Creating links to databases which exists elsewhere, under domino directory

1. Open the domino admin client.
2. Right click on the folder under which you want to create the link. Click New and Click Link


3. This will bring up a pop as mentioned in the following screen shot  

4. I name my link as MyFirstDominoLevelLink and I am mapping the same to a folder path “F:\DB_OutOf_Data_Dir”. Also In the above screen shot note that there are no entries found in the highlighted section by the link name that I am about to create.

5. Clicking ok creates the link and is displayed as follows


   6. My external folder named “F:\DB_OutOf_Data_Dir” contains 3 databases as shown in the following screen shots

 
7. Now clicking on my link should show all these databases in my admin client and that was what I got



One of the typical usages of creating these links are, they come in handy when it comes to memory management and in cases mentioned in previous post

    No comments:

    Post a Comment