Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

ORA-00904: "%text%": invalid identifier 00904. 00000 - "%s: invalid identifier"

A was trying a pretty basic command in SQL Developer and for some reason I got the following response that irritated me for almost an hour

 

ORA-00904: "%text%": invalid identifier

00904. 00000 -  "%s: invalid identifier"

*Cause:   

*Action:

Error at Line: 2 Column: 62

 

My query was pretty much similar to the following.

 

select * from <<table_name>> where <<column_name>> like “text”;

 

After a few trial and errors I identified the error. It was because of the double quotes around the text pattern that I was using. I replaced it with single quotes and things worked like charm. So as end result my query was like

 

select * from <<table_name>> where <<column_name>> like ‘text’;

 

Hope this helps some one J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment