Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Could not open the editor: An unexpected exception was thrown - xpages

I was working with editable area controls and custom controls and for the first time, I used them together to find a time saver. Life(may be God) has its own way of playing with you. Rather I would call it insanely teasing you.

When I opened my XPage in the designer, I encountered the following error message



I felt like I was doomed. All my hard work for the day has went in vain as I did not take any backups :(

Eventually I started preparing my curse list starting with *hi**p Ri**d. No offense, just kidding. I closed down my Lotus Notes and opened it back again and the error vanished phew.... That was a silly damn thing to do. Saved me lot of hits against the wall with my head.

Also I found a post in the stackoverflow forum which gave me more ideas about why and how to handle this issue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment