Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Change native lotus notes database display format - view index on top and view in bottom

Every Lotus Notes Professional would be aware of the way lotus domino databases would be displayed on the notes client if no custom framet has been configured, It would be something like the following.

I just messed up the view names for personal reasons. So I think I make sense here. View index would be on the left margin and the view being displayed or selected will be displayed ont the right margin.

But did you ever know that we have an option to change that to the following silly format :)

Believe me I did not take two different screen shots and place them together. This is a screen shot as it is from the notes client. Yes view index is on top and the view being displayed or selected will be displayed in the bottom pane like a preview pane and yes you can have a separate preview pane for the view as well.

Its just that your display will be messed up and will be ackward. I sont recollect a scenario where this would be of advantage as far as lotus notes client applications are concerned. Atleast, I now know that I have such an option and can do it. May be I would use it to statle someone in the future hi hi :)

Yes I dream a lot :)

By the way, as far as I know you need to use the following @commands to get this done.

@Command([ViewBelowFolders])

and to get the display back to normal, you can use the following command

@Command([ViewBesideFolders])


4 comments:

  1. A long time back one of my colleagues asked whether we could change the default layout of Lotus Notes database. I didn't have an answer back then. But thanks to you now I have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Im swetha foud ur blog while searching reg an issue.
    I have a web form which lists employee details.
    FOr all the top managers i need to hide reporting manager field.
    In Hide-when of that field i used,(UserName="xxx")

    But this is not working on web...Tried to check the value of UserName using alert and the value is correct..

    is there any onther way we use hide whens in web?

    ReplyDelete
  3. May be you should use @Name([CN];UserName)="xxx" or UserName="CN=xxx/OU=OrgUnit/O=org".

    I am trying to be generic here so I guess you would understand that you may have to find and substitute the relevant orgUnit and Org

    Hope this is helpful. If not give me the exact username and I will try to understand better

    ReplyDelete