Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Deploying dojo in Apache Tomcat

-->
Well this is something that I did not want to reinvent and so I searched for the same in the internet aggressively for hours. Guess I am a little dumb. Though I found pages relating to the same, I did not find what I was looking for and instead I found this advice in multiple pages. Guess I am a little smart to understand this advice and hence I ended up working on it and found something that I can remember for a long time J. Really feels a little happy insideJ
My aim is to deploy dojo somewhere in the root directory of the tomcat server, so it becomes automatically available for all the applications that are deployed in the server. I had previously done such things using IIS servers and lotus domino servers. Lotus domino servers have classy ways and it actually comes with dojo inbuilt. Well trying not to deviate from the topic, actually I did not find a solution and ended up finding a work around.
I understand that the Dojo files needs to be deployed in the eclipseWorspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps directory to be available to the apps in the workspace. I know I can write software to do that and I know it could be the most dumbest thing I would have done in a long time. lol.
 
So I tried creating a separate web project which serves as a content management system for dojo and tried including the same in my other apps. The problem is though they worked, the huge size of dojo and its allied packages like dgrid 40+ MB really messed with my patience when the server had to republish them every time.
 
Necessity is the mother of all inventions, someone said. I know I did not invent this, but atleast reinvented it lol, created a separate workspace, with a separate server serving dojo packages and used them in my other workspaces holding my apps which required dojo.
 
Hurray, that’s my answer. lol. Stop, stop!!! don’t scold me.
 
Create a new workspace and create a new dynamic web application. Now import the dojo folder into the webContent folder of that app as illustrated by the following screen shot
Add your dojo application to the server, by right clicking on the server and click on “add or remove” and run it as illustrated by the following screen shot.
 
 
Now go and include this dojo package in your application as illustrated in the following screen shot
Hope you don’t scold me now. At least it’s what I use :@

No comments:

Post a Comment